Parents : : St Louis Home Page > Parents
New Primary Transfer Arrangements 2013-2014
The documents below are available to download. They can also be requested from the school.
You may also visit the PPTC website here.
All documents are in PDF format - you can download free Acrobat Reader software here
- Letter to parents from the local consortium of schools regarding application form
- Registration Form - to be completed and returned to an Assessment Centre by 27th September 2013
- Guidance Notes - To assist in the completion of the Registration Form and other documents
- Access Arrangements Form (AA1) - To be completed if you are claiming Access Arrangements for your child
- Access Arrangements Forms (Medical Information AA2) - To be completed by your child’s General Practitioner or Medical Consultant in support of a claim for Access Arrangements in relation to a medical condition.
- Access Arrangements Form (Special Educational Needs) AA3 - This should be completed by a suitably qualified person in support of a claim for Access Arrangements.
- Specification of the Entrance Assessment - These are the topics being assessed by the Entrance Assessment on 16th November 2013.
- Sample Papers and Sample Answer Sheets
- Sample papers and Sample Answer Sheets - IRISH VERSION
- Frequently Asked Questions - These are answers to some of the queries you may have, if they do not cover all of your concerns, please contact your nearest Assessment Centre.
- Policy on Access Arrangements
|Mon 20th May 2013||Registration packs are available from Assessment Centres or their websites or from the PPTC website (www.pptcni.com)|
|Fri 27th September 2013||Deadline (4:00pm) for receipt of completed Registration Forms.|
|Sat 16th November 2013||Entrance Assessment.|
|Mon 25th November 2013||Deadline (2:00pm) for receipt of requests to take the Supplementary Assessment.|
|Sat 7th December 2013||Supplementary Entrance Assessment.|
|Fri 13th December 2013||Deadline (2:00pm) for requesting claims for Special Circumstances.|
|Fri 31st January 2014||Results of Entrance Assessment posted to children’s homes.|
|Fri 14th February 2014||Deadline for receipt of requests for re-mark of the Entrance Assessment.|
Please feel free to contact us if there is any further information you would like us to include on this page.
The information on this page is updated annually.
The following schools are acting together as a local consortium:
- Abbey Christian Brothers Grammar School Newry
- Our Lady’s Grammar School Newry
- Sacred Heart Grammar School Newry
- St Colman’s College Newry
- St Louis Grammar School Kilkeel
When completing the Registration Form, please note that it is not necessary to list three Assessment Centres in SECTION 4 (Assessment Centre Location); instead, please send the completed Registration Form to:
The Entrance Assessment Officer,
Newry and Kilkeel Registration Centre,
c/o Sacred Heart Grammar School,
10, Ashgrove Avenue,
Newry BT 34 1PR
After the close of the Registration period on the 27th September (2:00pm), all of the Applicants from the same Primary School will be assigned to one of the five schools listed above and they must sit the Entrance Assessment in that designated Assessment Centre.
The Centre assigned for the Entrance Assessment has no bearing upon the choice of schools for September 2014. Pupils and Parents will decide to which schools they wish to apply as at present i.e. after attending Open Nights in December / January and after the receipt of results on the 31st January 2014.