A Level Technology and Design
This subject offers the opportunity for study in to the processes involved in harnessing the resources of people and the earth they inhabit through the creation of appropriate artifacts and /or systems.
- Are you interested in designing and making products in a range of materials?
- Do you want to open up a wide range of career opportunities in the world of work or at degree level in University?
- Do you want to improve your chances of a good grade at AS/A2 by choosing a subject with a large coursework content?
- Do you want to be supported by a highly trained and motivated staff?
- Do you want to use industry standard equipment?
Then Technology and Design could be for you!
Through studying AS/A2 Technology and Design students will get the opportunity to:
- make use of tacit knowledge and reflective practices in order to work with tasks that are challenging and often require definition;
- develop and sustain their creativity and innovative practice;
- produce high-quality products;
- draw on a range of skills and knowledge from other subject areas;
- develop an understanding of contemporary design and technology practices;
- AS 1: Product Design and Systems and Control
- AS 2: Coursework: Product Development
- A2 1: Systems and Control – Product Design
- A2 2: Coursework – Product System Design and Manufacture
A Level Technology and Design Entry Requirements
This qualification requires pupils to have:
7 GCSEs A*-C including Technology at grade B or higher, English and Mathematics. Study of Art at GCSE may also help.
A Level Technology and Design has given me the foundation to study my degree course. The theoretical principals and background knowledge offered me a sound base.
Kory Colgan - BSc Hons Building Surveying - University of Ulster
This course could lead to careers and higher education in:
- Product Design / 3D Design
- Industrial Design
- Civil, Electronic, Marine, Systems or Manufacturing Engineering
- Graphics / Fashion Design
- Computer and Web Design
- Technology teaching
- Clean Technology
- Technical illustrator
- Draughts man
- Sports Technology